Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ha, trick.

After much thoughtful deliberation, I'm just going to plunge back into blogging and I need to keep this blog for some reason. My original. Ok, let's be honest, my original blog was xanga and you are welcome for that link and a little insight into Whitney Jones, circa 2003.

So, I've been putting off blogging again because of this enormous pressure I was putting on myself to have just the greatest come back post. It would wisely explain why I'd been gone and cleverly entice you back into reading. Unfortunately, that's not how life works and instead I am going to tell you about why the alarm on my phone is ruining my life.

I have a horrible habit of setting my alarm for so very much earlier than I will get up. I mean, in an ideal world, I would get up 2 1/2 hours before I needed to be somewhere. I cherish slow mornings. This might happen in real life if I never had to leave the house before 11. But, since I don't get to live in that parallel universe, I just set my alarm really early and reset it and hit snooze a lot.

Regardless of what "science" might suggest, this has worked for me. I have been doing this for so long and I just know. I can reset alarms in my sleep and add 9 minutes to weird times without waking up. I was making it work, ok?

Until I got this new phone. Well, guess what new phone does? When my alarm goes off and a little thing pops up with the options of "Snooze" or "Dismiss" it shows me the time I set my alarm for. So, it is not until I hit whichever button my heart desires (read: the snooze button) and then it tells me the real time.

95% of the time I close my eyes before I finish hitting snooze. You have to use every second, you know? Usually, I reset my alarm for my final wake up call, so I don't get stuck in a snooze cycle of regret, but this week so far my alarm is up on tricking me 2-0.

I bet you've been waiting on the edge of your seats for just such a post. You're welcome.

1 comment:

Francesca said...

I know what you mean about slow mornings dear. Waking up is brutal, a girl needs a bit of recovery time. And welcome back to the blogosphere, I hope to be returning soon as well.