Friday, August 14, 2009

A long goodbye.

I feel the sort of slow heavy from not getting enough sleep for 10 consecutive days. Where you start to get weepy and are liable to cry over anything really, and even though you reassure yourself that you are simply dead exhausted, nothing really changes the fact that you're now crying just so you can squeeze your eyes shut.

And I don't mean that in any sort of dramatic way. I have a flair for the dramatic, I am well aware, but I mean it in a simple way. In the way that your skin begans to crack in the winter because it's dry and in the way your heart does the same after wear and tear. I am just full and empty.

I have found myself amidst an unexpected journey. I suddenly find myself desiring to find, once again, the tenderness that has been heaped on with pain and bitterness. I did not realize it would be so hard to unearth. I did not realize it would actually happen either. It's funny, isn't it, this life?

But, in other news and on other arenas, I am moving tomorrow. This week has been one long hello and goodbye as friends come back to the city I am leaving. I trust, even though I don't always trust well, that this will indeed be good.

Farewell, sweet city. So long, dear friends.

2 comments:

Eric said...

:)

Things Whitney is better at than Eric:

1) Blogging

2) Punching men

3) Child bearing

4) Peeing sitting down

5) Wrapping wisdom in beautiful words

6) Having balls to do something scary when settling is infinetly easier

But were tied on Harry Potter scene it.

SASS said...

I don't know who Eric is, but that comment was BINGO. I know that feeling. Could not write it as beautifully as you just did above, but I feel what you write. Congratulations-I don't say that often.
I love you dear friend.