Friday, June 11, 2010

A little weird.

I sit at work all day long, all week long, answering questions, calming people down, lifting people up, making sure my manner in phone, e-mail, and person are all professional.

And sometimes I just want to burst out.

Whether in song, movie/tv quote, sound, or what not. It's hard to be not weird for 40 hours a week. (Or less weird, I don't hide it well).

I feel like I haven't written in ages. My fingers are starting rust and my heart is getting lethargic. How can I go so long? And will the times between get longer and longer and...

No.

I just can't think that way. I'm re-learning walking and talking and singing. A few weeks ago, no, more than that, I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. And she used to laugh sometimes at me, when I was younger, and I'd ask why and she'd say, "Because you're wobbling." She meant it metaphorically, of course. I was 18/19 and she was 21/22. I was wobbling. And when I saw her again she said, "You're still the same, only you wobble a little less."

And maybe I do. At least, I hope I've learned a thing or two in these past few years. Grown a little. Stretched my legs, built some muscle. I don't know. But, now I'm a real adult. And I'm wobbling again.

Well, at least no one accuses me of waddling.

1 comment:

SASS said...

There you are! I was just thinking of you today, and wanted to send you a message/text/FBmessage/blog comment.
Where have you been? Out wobbling?
Kidding.
I know that feeling. Everything is on hold and you start to feel out of your own life all of a sudden. I'm not a fan.
Let's chat sometime soon- on the phone, that is. I miss you. It was so good to see you- if only for just a moment. I knew you were there.
Love,
Bear