Monday, February 09, 2009

The Problem With the Internet Is...

It allows me to self-diagnose at an alarming rate. I don't find that I'm usually very hypocondrical. I just like to be informed. What I do with that information is another story entirely. I make connections between what I read and my life, just like when I study literature. Only, in this case, I just find potential diseases I have and how because of them, I will most likely die by the age of 25.

In other news, my birthday was some kind of beautiful. To have my two best friends from Kansas City come (and one was a surprise), I just about crapped my pants. I felt so loved. So celebrated. It was beautiful.

On the other hand, I took in some loving rebuke this weekend too. I'll tell you a truth. When people that you know care about you, react very strongly to something, you sit up and pay attention. Why? Because you love them, and you know they want what is best for you. And so, I took in some hard words. I listened to people tell me, "You are better and smarter than that." And with a deep breath, and just enough courage, I made a decision. A change. Because, you know what, they're right.

I just hope to hold onto it well. Good thing, they love me even when I'm stupid.

I wish that for all of you. People like that. And warm-ish February days with cool breezes and sunshine through trees.

1 comment:

Livieloo said...

That was such a beautiful weekend! I hope to see you again next month.
You are strong and beautiful.