Monday, September 21, 2009

Hopelessly Flawed

I have been a very bad blogger lately. And for that, I apologize.

The truth is, I've been in a bit of a shell. I've been hopelessly cranky and unmotivated. All I seem to want to do is lie around and watch movies. And once you start doing that, it's really easy to get caught up in other stories, one's that have nice endings or at least endings at all, and kind of stop living your own for a while.

But, this weekend has been good. Because, I woke up a little bit. I decided to take deep breaths again because nothing was getting done watching Weeds. Except for me laughing.

Still, all this means, I don't have much to say as of right now. I was just feeling like a bad blogger. And a little bit like Jo who once had a conversation like this.

Jo - It's just with all this transcendence comes much emphasis on perfecting oneself.
Friedrich - And this troubles you?
Jo - I am hopelessly flawed.

Little Women, I'll always love you.

3 comments:

Babbling Brook said...

I've been there. But my dear, sweet, eloquent Whitney-we've all been there.

You know that. I just wanted to remind you, "just in cases."

You always remind me to watch the women again, and I always treat them like they're little.

Loves.

SASS said...

Ah, my dear Whitney. That movie will forever remind me of you. I desperately wish I could lay on the couch and be a potato with you. Those were the days.

It's okay to do that sometimes, I've decided. I go through periods of uncertainty, and that's the only way I cope, too. Those people who journal and try to figure out their feelings piss me off.

Sometimes it's okay to just be.

Sex and the City has been my escape in the past. That and dirty martinis while watching SITC.

Embrace that you have the freedom to be in a shell, as oxymoronish as it sounds.

Love. You.

SASS said...

P.s. A straight up tarantula?! What the eff? I would have been up a damn tree, and you took the time to figure out which direction to go. I'm so proud.