Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Crafting

My inner craftress has been running rampant lately. I think in yarn, colors, and patterns. My fingers get an itch if it's been too long since they've been crafting. And did I mention I've developed a crotchet callous? Oh me oh my.

In other news, while the holiday season is bustling about outside, my own little world has a sort of quietness to it that I attribute to winter. A little sleepy, a little restful, and a little shut down, but in that hibernating sort of way.

The flip side of this, is that I have been, due to various situations, been experiencing some relational disconnection. Of course, though isolation often seems easiest, I have some solid, beautiful, cherished people in my life who shake me (figuratively and literally) by the shoulders and speak some sweet, loving truth into my life.

So, here it is. Winter is cold and sometimes a little lonely.

But, if you crochet enough and have some sweet people in your life, you can find ways to make yourself warm.

3 comments:

SASS said...

Love this.
Can totally believe you have a crotchet callous.
Pronounce crotchet the way it is spelled. Makes me laugh and imagine Davy Crockett with a vag.
Winter is a little lonely, feeling that way myself.
Good advice, my dear friend.
Loves you.

SASS said...

I LOVE your new header, sweet Whitney!!!
Makes me miss you, though.
Where/how did you do this?!

Anonymous said...

I came to look at your new header. I also read the blog because I don't read your blogs very often and so don't remember what the old header looked like. You need to help me learn to crotchet.
Love you one million red m&ms.