Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Few Thoughts on Crying...

You know, most of the time, when I feel like crying, no matter the reason, I take a big breath of air and swallow it down. It's probably because like Heather says, no one likes to cry outwardly, and probably because it's turned into more of a reflex than a thought about why I may or may not want to cry.

And so, when I see a preview that reminds me of how hard it is to be alive, especially on a day where I have to keep reminding myself to trust the slow work of God, the tears tempt my eyes. And for some reason, I let them go. And I remember it feels good. And I feel connected because it is so hard for us all.

And then I think. Maybe, I should cry more.

1 comment:

SASS said...

I JUST thought something similar last night. I started to cry, then didn't want to, but realized it felt good. Sometimes you need a good cry.
XO