Thursday, September 23, 2010

A week of Mondays.

The weekend has come and gone and here I sit. In this chair, I solve problems. I answer questions. These are my jobs. Always having a solution, always having an answer.

I sort of hate to admit how good I am at this job, or at least, that part of this job. The having the answers, the solving the problems. I don't say this to pat myself on the back, to brag a little, or to feel good. I say it because I have always been this person. The one who solves problems and has answers and shoulders to cry on.

And I know now what I have known for all my problem solving years - this gets tiring.

In the past, when the weariness hit, after going and going and going, I would hibernate. Hole up with some book somewhere or some new tv show. I'd go on a radio silence and wait it out.

This is what we in the Psychology world call a cycle.** A pattern. Maybe even an addiction, but at the very least a bad habit.

And I am learning how to break it. (Albeit, rather slowly).



**I have no idea if this is true.

No comments: