Thursday, July 09, 2009

Checked Out Before I Get in Line.

I realize, that by that title, this post could be about a great many things.

However, it's just about one thing.

I'm already feeling myself checking out of here. I feel myself shrugging off hanging out to sit and home and read or watch tv with Chelsey. Which isn't all bad. But, certainly isn't all good. And I'm a little uncertain how to stay engaged here while I'm here. Or maybe, there is a certain level of checking out and detangling that is necessary. All in all, I don't know.

And then, there is this other part of me, the part of me that wants to check completely out. The part of me that's still sitting in the cafeteria in jr. high feeling so awkward. The part of me that's super insecure and is arbitrarily taken by bouts of, "none of my friends here will talk to me when I move."

And deep down, I know it's silly, because I've moved before and some people talk to you and some people don't. But, all in all, it's ok, because when other people move, some people you talk to and some people you don't. But, I can't help but to feel a little scared that some of my favorites won't.

Still, until mid-August, I'll work, read, watch tv, and regularly laugh off the day with Chelsey, grab coffee with Jess, spend Sundays with Lauren, and miss everyone in Washington.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't check out! Though I have to admit I know I would do the same thing!We will continue to talk because you inspired my blogging and I need to come to Dallas sometimes! World Market, Ikea...Val and I can travel down and visit!

Eric said...

Hell Yes! I am in Washington! So until you change the rules... [sniff sniff].... You miss me! [tears of joy]

Send me a list and I'll kidnap whomever you like when I come to visit you. I'll most likely need laughter and informal life coaching. You are pretty varsity when it comes to providing those.

Livieloo said...

I will talk to you wherever you move and I hope that you will do the same for me (although, I honestly can't imagine you not talking to me... which is very comforting). It is kind of sad when people you really enjoyed hanging out with in person don't bother keeping in touch. I guess some people just suck at that... but it's still sad. I hate goodbyes too...